When: 15 – 22 March 2018
Who: 2 participants.
Conflict comes high on the political agenda everywhere in Europe. While the form of conflicts may vary – inter ethnic, inter-religious, international or any other – many states face urgent situations of tension and are not always prepared to handle them or to find solutions acceptable to all concerned. Recently, security logics and increased policing have been the choice of governments in response to conflicts. More and more, there is a tendency to “explain” conflict through multiculturalism or religion, thus blaming culture and diversity for growing tensions. Especially there is growing fears towards refugees, muslims leads radicalization in many European countries.
Step Forward Toward Peace – STeP aims to provide tools to youth workers on conflict management and peace education for their daily work with young people. Second of aim Step is to develop capacity and skills of participants to become a peace-builder and change makers in their communities.
• To exchange best practices in relation to youth work and conflict and -cultural dialogue;
• To provide tools for conflict management and peace education;
• To promote common understanding of peace and dialogue;
• To develop and promote the culture of peace;
• To create space for NGOs and youth workers to cooperate in the implementation of joint projects on local, regional and international level;
• To raise the visibility of the Erasmus+ Programme in Lithuania and EECA region
Profile of participants (18+): youth workers, youth leaders who have experience in this field, people who active participate in youth movement and plan to work in conflict regions. As the working language of the Training will be English, participants should be able to communicate fluently in English.
Costs: Travel expenses are covered in 275 euros. Lodgings and food are covered by host organization. Health insurance is not provided and will not be reimbursed by the organizers. Participants are strongly suggested to make a health insurance.
Participation fee: 35 euro.
Working language: English
Заявку заполнять тут: