When: 12-19 May 2018
Where: Agros, Cyprus
Who: 2 participants
⏳Deadline: 7.12.2017 ⏳
To promote and support the role of young people in peace-building activities that contribute to living together in dignity and dialogue through a network of specifically trained young people who strengthen the presence and promote the values of the Council of Europe in conflict-affected areas and communities..
TC is dedicated to the promotion of non-violent actions, the development of peace initiatives and facilitating network of youth workers and youth leaders. The project will gather 36 young people from several Western, Eastern European, Euro-Mediterranean and Caucasus countries.
The TC will cover different types of conflicts and in different settings and consequently ways of transforming conflicts by non-violent actions. Crucial attention will be placed on fostering a constructive debate on recent conflicts in Europe and cooperation in the youth field.
Globalization and global conflicts are a part of everyday life. By bringing together youth leaders from different countries and cultures, we hope to increase their awareness of conflict, and help them develop paths towards resolution. These youth leaders represent their countries and communities, and it is expected that they will return to these communities, bringing with them and furthering the understanding of conflict resolution that they will have acquired.
– to increase awareness of youth leaders of conflict management and resolution through an intercultural dialogue and in cooperation by bringing together youth from different countries;
– to prevent intercultural conflicts that are based on stereotypes, through the creation of an atmosphere of mutual understanding and cooperation between these youth leaders from different cultures.
📌Profile of participants:
Youth workers, youth leaders, NGO activists, school teachers, social workers and all people actively involved in work with unemployed young people.
• Youth leaders very motivated to act in their sending organisation
• Are over 18 years old
• Have an interest in the topic
• Willing to learn & be motivated to share experiences with others after the event
• Are able to work in English
• Are committed to attend for the full duration of the project
• Are nominated by their youth organization.
Travel expenses are covered in 330 euros . Food & lodging are included. Insurance cover is the responsibility of participants.
Please note: only cheapest means of transport/fares are subject to reimbursement. The costs from airport to Agros and return back are around 30 euro per person. This amount is not included in the above list and it will be covered by organizers.
📌Participation fee: 20 euros.
📌Working language: English
📌Заявку заполнять тут: