When: 24 – 26 October 2017
Where: Strasbourg, France
Deadline: 06.09.2017, 13:00 CET.
The seminar “Youth participation in Internet Governance” will take place in European Youth Centre Strasbourg. It will explore how participation of young people in shaping the Internet can be ensured without reproducing and creating new patterns of exclusion and will formulate recommendations for future action to be taken by the Youth Department of the Council of Europe in order to support young people and their organisations meaningful participation in Internet Governance processes.
The three day programme will aim to provide a space for participants to learn about the topic of the seminar, to share from their practices and experience, to identify challenges and opportunities and work towards a common approach and actions. The programme will therefore include plenary presentations and several working group sessions.
The profile of participants:
– are representatives of national youth councils and national youth organisations already involved or motivated to become involved in national Internet Governance processes;
– are representatives of local/national/international youth organisations and networks actively involved in matters of youth policy and youth participation;
– are representatives of public authorities involved in Internet governance fora at national and/or international level;
– representatives of Internet services, online gaming, and other companies interested in further development of Internet governance and youth participation;
– show clear motivation to follow up the seminar with measures to ensure youth participation in Internet governance matters and fora;
– are able to work autonomously in English language;
– are resident in a state party to the European Cultural Convention, exceptions are possible;
– are able to attend the entire duration of the seminar.
All interested candidates are requested to duly complete the application form at http://youthapplications.coe.int/ together with all relevant support documents.
More information in the call for participants attached.
For further information, please contact Anca – Ruxandra Pandea, educational advisor, firstname.lastname@example.org
or Nina Kapoor, programme assistant, email@example.com.
For technical assistance with the application form, please address: firstname.lastname@example.org.