When: 18 – 29 September 2017
Where: Outdoor / Campsite – Mountainous District of Tbilisi/Georgia
Who: 4 participants
🔥Deadline: 24.07.2017 (12:00) 🔥
In many countries the discrimination of women is not even considered a topic of relevance, but hidden behind cultural patterns. Forms of gender discrimination are diverse and differ in their severity. With this youth exchange we would like to engage into a dialogue with young people about gender equality & gender roles in their social environment. We would like
to challenge our young people with different perceptions of the role of man & woman in modern Europe & in its past. We see outdoor education as a extremely powerful tools for development.
* To foster a gender-sensitive understanding of currently existing societal models & its
inherent forms of discrimination;
* To experience that a new society based on gender equality is possible;
* To Challenge the perception of the structures within our society that undermine social
inclusion or foster discrimination;
* To create follow-up initiatives that promote gender equality in the sending communities Overcoming the stereotypes of different religious;
* To build a broader understanding of what an discrimination means & to start inter cultural & inter-religious dialogue;
Profile of participants:
Expected Participants: youth workers, young leaders, youth who are already active but aim to develop as youth leaders, concretely in the sphere of Gender equality, discrimination and understand concept Outdoor Education as a tool of non-formal education.
AGE limit for participants: From 18 – Till 26
Costs: Travel expenses are covered in 275 euros. Lodgings are covered in 100%. Health and travel insurance need to be covered by the participants.
Working language: English